The City of Waukegan chose LRS to provide weekly garbage, recycling and yard waste curbside collection beginning December 1st.
CHANGES TO WAUKEGAN SERVICE
Every home will receive a new wheeled 95-gallon garbage cart and 65-gallon recycling cart. You may choose a larger size for recycling.
Additional garbage and recycle carts are available to rent.
Yard waste sticker and subscription programs will be similar to the current system; stickers from the current WM system will not be accepted as of December 1st.
Fall curbside leaf vacuuming will start the last week of October and go through the first week of December.
CART SIZE SELECTIONS, DELIVERIES AND REMOVALS
- Enrollment is ONLY required if you want to a different carts size or additional carts - selection deadline is October 18th
- Access the Cart Selection through the web portal
- LRS Customer Service telephone number is 844-633-3577
- LRS will start to deliver carts in November and at the same time WM will have crews remove their carts
- No home will be without a trash cart during the delivery and removal period
- WM will service LRS carts until the start of LRS service
- Leave WM carts at the curb until removed
New recycling guidelines will help keep more items out of landfills. The City and LRS have included inserts in water bills and an additional mailing will be sent with these important pieces of information. A brochure is also available in English y en Español