River Road project construction will start on Wednesday, July 5th, and include installation of a new water main and roadway improvements. On that day the contractor, Berger Excavating, will be mobilizing and setting up traffic control and protection as well as start offloading equipment and material.
- Berger is projecting the full weekend roadway closure to be from Friday, 7/14 6pm to Monday, 7/17 6am along the s-curve located at the north end of the project. Berger will use 7/21-7/24 as a Plan B if they experience bad weather 7/14-7/17. Detour signs will be placed prior to closure of the roadway.
- Berger’s subcontractor, Shamrock, is scheduled to place the silt fence Friday 6/30.
- After construction of the water main, roadway restoration will be completed and is anticipated to be complete by October 1st. Prior to roadway restoration, the roadway will be drivable and maintained.
- The project is projected to be completed by November 1st.
- During construction CMT will have an inspector on site to monitor the construction work and to answer any questions or concerns.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the City's Engineering office at office at 847-625-6858 or CMT's Claus Dunkelberg at 847-404-9764. Your patience is appreciated during this construction.