The City of Waukegan Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is administering a special allocation of CDBG funds to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) passed. CDBG will use these funds to aid in the stabilization of existing small Brick-and-Mortar businesses and Home-Based businesses within the City that have had significant business disruption due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Grant and Working Capital Loan will assist small businesses in Waukegan to pay for the following:
- Cover Utilities and Rent/Lease expenses
- Payroll--hire new employees or retain to support your business growth
- Introduce new items or restock inventory, product lines, or services to drive revenue
- Replace outdated equipment with newer models for your business
- Increase Technology Access/Upgrade Related costs to ensure safe work environment (equipment, training, supplies, professional cleaning)
- The maximum loan amount is of $10,000 and the grant amount is of $15,000 for demonstrated cost, for a total of $25,000. It is available on a First-Come, First-Served basis.
Click here to access eligibility requirements, FAQs, and the application.