Waukegan Police Department is accepting applications now through Wednesday, July 13th, 4pm.
The Waukegan Police Department is seeking individuals between 20 - 35 years of age to become a Police Officer.
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be at least 20 years old and less than 35 years of age at time of written exam
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of hire
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid POWER test card dated within one year from the date of the written examination. Must be dated August 13, 2021 – August 13, 2022
- Be of good moral character
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, August 13, 2022. Test will be held in Waukegan, IL. Specific testing details will be provided to eligible candidates prior to the exam date. All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.