The Waukegan Police Department is accepting lateral appointment applications until Monday, February 28th at 7:30am.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- United States Citizen.
- Education - High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- State of Illinois certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a law enforcement officer (part time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement).
- Experience - At least 2 years' experience as a full time sworn certified law enforcement officer within the 3 years preceding the date of application.
- Possess the particular knowledge, skills, abilities, and level of experience required pursuant to the call for qualified lateral appointment applicants. A person currently ranked on an eligible register for entry level Police Officer may apply for a lateral appointment.
- Be able to successfully pass a psychological screening, medical and drug test, and extensive personal interview and background examinations.
- Be of good moral character
Click here for additional information and the application.