Waukegan City Vehicle Stickers will go on "Early Bird" sale Tuesday, March 1st. Early Bird pricing runs from March 1st through March 31st and allowing passenger car owners to pay the reduced price of $40.
Regular pricing will begin Friday, April 1st and run through Saturday, April 30th. The regular price for a passenger car is $45. After May 1st, the price for a passenger car will be $90.
Once City Stickers go on sale, they may be purchased online, through the mail, in-person at City Hall, and in-person in the following currency exchanges in the city (convenience fees may apply):
- Belvidere & Green Bay Currency Exchange at 2856 Belvidere Road
- New Grand & Green Bay Currency Exchange at 3200 Grand Avenue
- Washington & Lewis Currency Exchange at 1817 Washington Street
- New Washington & Sheridan Latino Currency Exchange at 126 Washington Street
- Latinos Multiservices, Inc. at 1304 Washington Street
The application may be downloaded here.
In addition, Mayor Ann B. Taylor announced at the January 18th City Council meeting (@ 1:37:36): "For those of you who don't purchase City Stickers, please know we will be changing our policy. We will be ticketing. City Stickers are mandatory. They are a way for us to keep our parking safe on the street, meaning that those who don't have City Stickers are taking up parking that residents who are paying [for] City Stickers and do live in those houses need to have available to them."
Waukegan Municipal Code Sec. 21-247