The City of Waukegan hereby announces the anticipated availability of funds under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program for the 2019 Program Year (5/1/2019 – 4/30/2020). The activities undertaken must benefit low/mod income persons, eliminate slum and blight, or address an urgent need.
Each project must meet one of the following goals to address the identified high priority needs: 1) development and improvement of public facilities, 2) public infrastructure improvements, 3) public services 4) basic human needs 5) community safety, 6) youth development programs 7) senior programs 8) code enforcement 9) economic development 10) owner occupied housing preservation.
- improve the existing public facilities throughout the community.
- improve existing infrastructure assets.
- to provide for direct and indirect public services
- support housing enforcement and zoning property codes
- provide assistance to businesses to improve and rehabilitate deteriorating commercial and industrial building exteriors thereby fostering economic development
- administer owner occupied housing rehabilitation activities to ensure safe, decent, and sanitary housing
Application workshops will be held during the months of August and September. Attendance is required.
Click here for the workshop dates and a downloadable version of the complete document.