Permits are required for the installation of clean outs, sewer repairs, and replacement work of private sewer lines within the City of Waukegan.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO STARTING ANY WORK. THE DATE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE HONORED IN CASES OF EMERGENCY IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED EXCAVATOR/SEWER CONTRACTOR WITH A CURRENT $15,000 LICENSE AND PERMIT BOND TO DIG IN THE CITY OF WAUKEGAN.
All applications need to be submitted online at this time
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION must include the following attachments:
- Copy of the Proposal/Contract between Contractor and Property owner, signed by both parties to include a written scope of work with length, size, and material of replacement pipe
- Location of work to include in yard, parkway opening, street opening, and sidewalk removal
- Proper contractor registration (see below)
Contractors need to be registered with the City of Waukegan CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION. The following items are required with your registration:
- COI (Certificate of Insurance) includes; comprehensive liability general aggregate $2,000,000, proof of workers compensation, CITY OF WAUKEGAN, AS ADDITIONAL INSURED
- $15,000.00 License and Permit Bond
- $100.00 Annual Registration Fee
- ALL REPAIRS PRIOR TO COVERING ANY WORK
Permit pricing is calculated based on the amount of the contract, minimum of $75.00. Street Opening $500.00, Parkway Opening $100.00, Sidewalk Removal $125.00 per square, Permit Fees will be doubled for any work started without an official permit posted. Failed and no show inspections will be a charge of $75.00 per occurance.
DIGITAL PERMIT COPIES MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST WHILE WORK IS BEING COMPLETED