Permits are required for all plumbing revisions, replacement of hot water heaters, and exterior water lines that connect to the City's b-box within the City of Waukegan.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO STARTING ANY WORK. THE DATE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE HONORED IN CASES OF EMERGENCY IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED STATE LICENSED PLUMBING CONTRACTOR AND EXCAVATING CONTRACTOR WITH THE CITY OF WAUKEGAN.
CONNECTIONS TO THE CITY'S WATER MAIN REQUIRES REVIEW THAT MAY TAKE UP TO 21 DAYS FOR PROCESSING
All applications need to be submitted online at this time
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION must include the following attachments:
- Copy of the Proposal/Contract between Contractor and Property owner, signed by both parties with the written scope of work included
- Letter of intent (LOI) to meet State of Illinois requirements (stamped with a corporate seal per Illinois Plumbing License Law 225 ILCS 320)
- Map showing the water lines
- Proper contractor registration (see below)
Contractors need to be registered with the City of Waukegan and provide copies of your State of Illinois Plumbing 055 & 058 License. Submit your information to CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION
License Holder must pull permits (exceptions listed below)
- Notarized letter of authorization on file, signed by the license holder.
- Letter of authorization on Company Letterhead on file, with a list of employees.
- ID must be provided by authorized employees.
INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED SEE FULL LIST
Permit pricing is calculated based on the amount of the contract, minimum of $125.00 for construction value under $3,000.00 OR a $150.00 base + 3% of value over $3,001.00. Plumbing Plan Review Fees from a flat fee of $75.00 up to 1.5% of the construction value will be assessed. A $75.00 charge will be assessed for failed and no show inspections. Permit Fees will be doubled for any work started without an official permit posted.
DIGITAL PERMIT COPIES MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST WHILE WORK IS BEING COMPLETED