Permits are required for all electrical service upgrades, low voltage alarm systems and electrical revision work within the City of Waukegan.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO STARTING ANY WORK.
All applications need to be submitted online at this time
ELECTRIC PERMIT APPLICATION must include the following attachments:
- Copy of the Proposal/Contract between Contractor and Property owner, signed by both parties that includes a written scope of work to be performed.
- Scope of work drawing of current electrical and proposed modifications SCOPE OF WORK DRAWING EXAMPLE
- Plat of Survey - ONLY IF EXTERIOR EQUIPMENT WILL BE RELOCATED with location of the proposed work marked clearly with setbacks from lot lines. Only complete applications will be accepted (drawing to scale MAY be accepted) DRAWING TO SCALE EXAMPLE
- Proper contractor registration (see below)
Electrician in Illinois
All contractors need to be registered with the City of Waukegan CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION. The following items are required with your registration:
- COI (Certificate of Insurance) includes; comprehensive liability general aggregate $2,000,000, proof of workers compensation (OR WAIVER), CITY OF WAUKEGAN, AS ADDITIONAL INSURED
- $10,000 License and Permit Bond
- Copy of Illinois Municipality License
- $100.00 Annual Registration Fee
ROUGH AND FINAL INSPECTIONS
Permit pricing is calculated based on the amount of the contract, minimum of $125.00 for construction value under $3,000.00 OR a $150.00 base + 3% of value over $3,001.00. Electrical Plan Review Fees from a flat fee of $75.00 up to 1.5% of the construction value will be assessed. A $75.00 charge will be assessed for failed and no show inspections. Permit Fees will be doubled for any work started without an official permit posted.
DIGITAL PERMIT COPIES MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST WHILE WORK IS BEING COMPLETED