The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has required drastic changes in how all of us live, work and socialize for over one year now. With Governor JB Pritzker’s Stay at Home executive order, issued Friday, March 20, 2020, specific changes in how businesses run and how the City operates were put into place, although some of them have been modified as Illinois is now in Phase 4 of Restore Illinois.
Links to the latest COVID-19 vaccination information
- Every member of your family age 16 and older should register with Lake County Health Department's AllVax. Senior citizens have special senior hours when volunteers are available to take calls at 847-377-8130 to assist in registering and finding an appointment. Special senior hours are Tuesdays, Noon to 3pm; Thursdays, 6pm to 8pm; and Fridays, Noon to 3pm. During these hours, select option 1 to be routed to a volunteer.
- Additional information about what groups are eligible for the vaccine from the Lake County Health Department may be found here.
- Waukegan Township Park Place is registering seniors for vaccinations at Oak Street Health at 3210 Grand Avenue: 847-244-9242 or Lnava@waukegantownship.com The senior being registered must live within 10 miles of Oak Street Health.
- Information about registering with Walgreen's: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Information about registering with Jewel-Osco: https://www.jewelosco.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html
- In addition to the information above, an Illinois Vaccination Location may be found here.
Links to the latest Waukegan-specific information about COVID-19
- To access the Lake County Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program, click here. The Program is open to Lake County renters who face COVID-19-related financial hardship. Eligible households may receive up to 12 months of assistance and help with utility bills. Payments from the program will be made directly to landlords and/or utility companies.
- To access COVID-19 relief information, click here.
- To access the Resolution # 2020-R-95 application that offers some relief to liquor and gaming license holders in Waukegan, click here. The Resolution will enable a 25% credit toward the FY 2021-22 liquor and gaming license fees to those business in good standing.
- To access information about Community Based COVID-19 Testing Facility in Waukegan, click here.
- To access the Mayor’s Emergency Orders brought on by COVID-19, click here.
- To access current News Flash items from the City, click here.
- To keep up with the latest posts on the City’s Facebook page, click here.
- To access Water Department information about flushing your water lines as you re-open your business, click here.
- To see Waukegan Park District updates due to COVID-19, click here.
- To access the Waukegan Public School District #60’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and updates. click here.
Other COVID-19 Information
- To access the Lake County Health Department COVID-19 information, click here.
- To access the Lake County Health Department COVID-19 data hub and interactive dashboard, click here.
- To access resources for veterans, call (847) 377-3344.
- To access the Restore Illinois information, click here.
- To access the latest information about COVID-19 in the state of Illinois, click here.
- To access Illinois Department of Public Health Resources, click here.
- To access the Illinois Department of Human Services Resource page, click here.
- To access Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance, click here.
- To access federal government information about COVID-19, click here.
- To access information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To access "What Older Adults Need to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines", click here.
- To access information about COVID-19 scams, click here.
Other General Information
- To purchase a vehicle sticker or pet license, click here.
- To access water accounts and pay online, click here. Or, to pay water bills, call 844-611-4015.
- To access Lake County resources put together by United Way of Lake County, click here. Or call 211.
- To access the Illinois Secretary of State offices an drivers’ service information, click here.
- To access CDC information about wearing and instructions on making face coverings/masks, click here.
- To access apps for seniors, click here.
- To access job opportunities and career resource information, click here.
- To access a food pantry locator, click here.