Downtown Parking Details
- Click here to learn about SMART meters and pay stations in our downtown.
View downtown parking lot locations by clicking on the lot name below for a link to a map
- Lot B - Pay Station and Permit
- Garage C – Pay Station and Permit
- Lot D - Permit Only
- Lot E - Permit Only
- Lot F - Permit Only (Temporarily Closed)
- Lot G - METRA – Pay Station and Permit
- Lot H - METRA - Pay Station and Permit
- Lot I - METRA - Pay Station and Permit
- Lot K - METRA - Pay Station and Permit
- Lot L - METRA - Pay Station and Permit
Pay or Contest a Violation
To pay or contest a violation, visit waukegan.citationportal.com
Alternate Parking Laws
The Alternate Parking Ordinance states that vehicles must park on the odd side of the street on odd calendar days and the even numbered side of the street on even calendar days. The ordinance is strictly enforced by the Waukegan Police Department daily from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 a.m.
The alternate parking ordinance has been in effect for more than thirty years to increase safety on city streets during winter weather and to better identify abandoned vehicles year round. Closely monitoring on-street parking during snow storms allows public works crews to quickly and more efficiently remove snow to make streets drivable. The penalty for not complying with alternate parking is a $25 ticket.
Frequently asked questions are answered here.