- City Hall
About the Engineering Division
The Engineering Division is responsible for the following:
- Administering infrastructure grants
- Annually updating and implementing the city's Capital Improvement Program
- Commonly contracting for the design and construction of new infrastructure or reviewing the installation of capital facilities paid for by private parties
- Inspecting all public and many private infrastructure improvements including drainage, streets, water, and sewers
- Maintaining records, financial guarantees and maps
- Overseeing the construction of the city's public infrastructure
- Preparing proposals, specifications, and construction contracts for city council's approval
The Engineering Division also works with other city departments on issues such as drainage, annexations, and reviews all new large scale development in the city. The division enforces watershed development, isolated wetland ordinances, and the land development code.
Engineering is located at 1700 McAree Road and available Monday through Friday,. 7am to 3pm.
The City Engineer
The city engineer reviews all watershed development applications and issues permits for those projects that comply with the provisions of the ordinances. In addition, the division seeks to find engineering solutions to past problems such as localized flooding, inadequate utilities or transportation congestion, and safety.